“The most beautiful Main Street in America.” That was how Eleanor Roosevelt described Hingham’s idyllic Main Street, with its stately homes and canopy of trees. Approximately 15 miles south of Boston, Hingham covers an area of about 22.5 square miles and features 21 miles of picturesque shoreline. Looking much as it did when Mrs. Roosevelt wrote those beautiful words, Hingham has retained its historical charm while becoming a thriving modern community.
- Movies - Take in one of the high quality first-run and art films shown daily at Loring Hall Cinema, an antique building in historic Hingham Square, or catch a new release at the brand new Patriot Cinema at the Hingham Shipyard
- Enjoy a Day at the Beach - watching the boats come and out of Hingham Harbor. The harbor is also a great place to discover kayaking or explore some of the Boston Harbor Islands. This area is protected from the ocean by the Hull Peninsula, making it safe for beginners, and offers access to enough islands to satisfy the explorer within you.
- Explore the Great Outdoors at Bare Cove Park (which has biking and walking trails around its 500 acres along Back River) or World’s End -- a 250-acre peninsula overlooking Hingham Harbor with breathtaking views of Boston
- Join up with the Hingham Yacht Club -- a vibrant, family-oriented sailing club well-known for its long tradition of sailboat racing and its highly regarded junior sailing program. They orchestrate a wide variety of social activities for members.
- Enjoy the outdoor shopping destination of Derby Street Shoppes, with such retail giants as REI, Crate & Barrel, and Barnes and Noble, along with a collection of upscale restaurants and specialty stores.
- Explore Talbots – this women’s clothing chain got its start right here in Hingham, and the original store can still be found in historic downtown
- Stock up on fresh and natural groceries at the ever-popular Whole Foods and Fresh Market – a new chain store from Chicago
- Enjoy an exciting and personalized boutique experience at Sara Campbell Ltd.
- Discover the interesting and unique downtown specialty shops, such as Chel Bella, Crossing Main, and J. McLaughlin
- Outfit your home with furnishings and artwork from such design shops as Delicious Designs, White Magdalena House, and La Petite Maison
Hingham serves up a wide variety of dining options. Some of our local favorites include:
- Tosca – Among the best fine dining on the South Shore
- The Square Café – a boutique-style restaurant at the heart of Hingham Square
- Alma Nove – harborside dining with a beautiful outdoor patio area
- Wahlburgers – casual, comfort food with a creative, contemporary flair
- Scarlett Oak Tavern - Farm-fresh cuisine in a casually elegant Main Street setting
- Rustic Kitchen Bistro & Bar - A favorite for Derby Street shoppers and local residents from many surrounding towns. Owned by the creators of “The Cooking Show,” a highly entertaining live weekly cooking show.
- The Upper Crust Pizzeria - A Boston-area favorite since 2001, offering up some “unique and daring” crust and topping pairings
Few places can offer the geographic advantages of The Residences at Black Rock. Just minutes from Route 3, Route 128 and Route 95, residents are central to such desirable destinations as Boston, Cape Cod, and Providence.
Transportation options to Boston include:
- MBTA bus service to the Quincy Commuter Rail Station
- Plymouth and Brockton bus service to South Station
- Commuter boat service to Rowes Wharf by the MBTA and Massachusetts Bay Lines
- Boats to the Boston Harbor Islands by Boston Harbor Cruises
- A commuter boat from Quincy to Logan Airport provides a convenient way to avoid the tunnel
The Residences at Black Rock is nearly 90% sold out.
Don't miss your opportunity to own a home in this spectacular South Shore community! Contact us today to learn more about homes and home sites available now.
This lovely home on the 14th fairway will soon be our NEW MODEL HOME.
**New Home Style** The 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bath Gleneagle home style features an open kitchen with large center island, and a ....Read More
Contact us at 781-749-0800.
Posted on Monday November 11, 2013
Choosing a new home for you and your family is not a decision to be made lightly, as there are many factors to take into account. Below, we offer some considerations as to why purchasing new construction may be … Continue reading
Posted on Monday September 16, 2013
There is only one opportunity left in the Highlands. This premium home site is one of the last special spots within Black Rock with outcroppings of the renowned Black Rock ledge, western sun exposure, and intimate views of the second … Continue reading